Sunday 9 August 2009

Google at my Home

This afternoon when I was zapping on TV. (yeah, that is the thing I mostly do, when I get the TV remote control... I rarely watch TV and when I do, I zap more than I watch... for those who don't know what zapping means, let me brief it to you, zapping means to use remote control device to change channels... obsessively) India's got talent, caught hold of me. I'd seen some of there auditions. I stuck back to the same channel and watched it for a while... it was the repeat telecast of 3rd semi-final.

After a few performances, Nikhil and Aushmaan (the hosts of the show) announced Jasleen Royal's (pardon me, if there is a spelling mistake) performance. I had seen this young girl having an "I don't care" attitude, even in the auditions (which I had again caught while zapping, the other day), in auditions she played guitar, played harmonica and sang "Phir dekhiye" from the movie "Rock on!!" all together! And today, she played keyboards, played harmonica and sang "Khoon chala" from the movie "Rang de basanti". I don't say that this girl is someone who is outstanding or performs brilliantly, but there is "something" about this girl that keeps me stuck with the same channel no matter what... this "something" is something I cannot define. Even one of the judges of the show Mr. Shekhar Kapoor, said that she has "something" in her that if a person is passing by and hears her singing all alone, he'll come back to her, stay back and listen to whole of her song and would appreciate her talent.

I've a friend who brilliant voice... he has this "something" factor in his voice... "something" that every time we talk or he sings, I urge for more... I keep on hearing him again and again and many times I've tried to explain him that he has "something" in his voice and when he asks me to define it... I have no words! I've felt this "something" in few other singers like Mohit Chauhan, Atif Aslam, Xulfi, Meghna Bharadwaj... if I try to define it, I would say that these people have a calm in their voice... the perfect word to describe it would be sukoon... yeah, this is what they have... but I still love to call it the "something factor"

Any way, this was not my point... my point was, after listening to Jasleen's song, I had a sudden desire to play harmonica... so now, the real story started. I was unable to place my harmonica! I started digging my drawer where I keep all the stuff I need... I found toffees, greeting cards, pens, my diary, orbit, mobile phone charger, post it... and the list goes long... I found all the crap I didn't intend to, but couldn't get the harmonica. I searched for it in other drawers and cupboards, but couldn't find it! God I was so disappointed... I just wished that if there was any way I could have found it... I came back to my room and decided to have some rest... I sat on my chair and just then a very wired thought came into my mind... "Hey! Why don't I Google it?!" My frowned face lit up in a moment and the very next moment it drained! I thought, "Have I gone mad?! How can I Google my harmonica?"

But then I just loved the idea of having a search engine at my home... imagine, next time when I misplace something, I'll just reach the search engine, type in the misplace thing, hit enter and bang! there the thing is! without any tiresome hunting, I'll find the lost thing so easily... like, next time I misplace my mobile phone, on silent mode, I won't have to curse myself to misplace it on silent mode, I'll just Google it... and find it... you see... then I won't have to organise my room I won't have to keep my things in proper place, I won't have to take care of my stuff... all I have to do is "Google it"

Imagine what a life that would be... I just wish, Google comes with some such thing like "Google your home stuff" and wow! I would be the first one to install such an application! But but but... there is no such thing right now... so since I can't "Google it", I'll have to search it all by myself... so I think, I should get back to work and find my harmonica before I just lose the mood of playing it! Wish me luck guys!!!

4 views:

Arc said...

Maybe you shld win one yourself and add my name with yours for the patent so that we both can share the noble prize money:P
Sounds nice , doesn it?:P

Trioenix said...

Archie

yup! nice nice! ;)

Arc said...

you are too generous:P:P:P

Good:) Drop in my sometime no dear?:)

Rohit Kshirsagar said...

believe me this technology aint a dream! heard of smart homes?
well i do know for certain that this technology is being experimented with :)
btw ur gaonwali plays the harmonica too. and i must say she does a good job! wished me on my B'day with her harmonica over the phone!

PS: get some balance on ur cell and do call her