Saturday 18 July 2009

My dedication to God: Soniyo... (Raaz2)

A few days back, I heard this song on FM... this was the first time I was listening to this song. Thanks to Sonu Nigam, I stuck to the same number rather than hitting the next channel. Same evening I heard the same song again. The second time, I heard it, I started falling for it... by the time this song ended I was humming it and tapping my toes to the beats. Finally I was in love with this song. I Googled this song and to my surprise it was from Raaz2! I wondered, if I would have ever heard this song, if I had known that it is from Raaz 2, 'cause (for no reason) I hate that Maahi song from the same movie. I cannot stand a single maahi in that song... it's just grrrr... whatever! Anyway, I downloaded this song, put it in loop... I heard it time and again. Soon it was on my tips.



Later that night, when I was about to sleep, (after my prayers and conversation with God) I was reminded of this song. Somewhere I felt, that if we replace the words of endearment with those of God, it will so well resemble to a prayer! 'cause I actually ask God to be with me and help me out... similar to "Tu de de mera saath, thaam le haath, chahe jo bhi ho baat, tu bas, de de mera saath..."


Now read this song from this point of view and tell me don't you find any resemblance?


Oooo…..
Baby, come stand by my side
Come and be my guiding light
Oooo… I’ll be what you want me to be
I’ll give all my love in whole of my life


[Dear God, please stand by me and guide me. I'll do everything for you and will offer you everything I've in my life. (see I'm somewhere near to it!)]


Soniyo, o soniyo
Tumhe dekhta hu to sochta hu bas yahi
Tum jo mera saath do, saare gham bhulake
Jee loon muskuraake zindagi
Tu dede mera saath, thaam le haath
Chahe jo bhi ho baat, tu bas de de mera saath
Tu dede mera saath, thaam le haath
Chahe jo bhi ho baat, tu bas de de mera saath


[Dear God, when I look at you, I feel that if You support me, I won't have any sorrows in my life and will live a happy life. You just be by my side and hold me close to yourself, no matter what happens]


I get this feeling now, I cannot wait no longer
I know your love will keep me happy
Will keep me stronger
I get this feeling now, I cannot live without you
I know your love’s the only one so true


[God's love and blessings can make me happy and safe]


Raho me, tanha hoon saath le chal yun
Sang tere safar poora karu
Raho me, tanha hoon saath le chal yu
Sang tere safar poora karu
Kya kahu... aye zindagi
Tu hai meri saans, rehna tu paas, har ghadi


[I walk on lonely roads, in case You'll be with me, I can travel the whole journey with You. You are my soul just be there for me, every moment]


Tu dede mera saath, thaam le haath
Chahe jo bhi ho baat,
Tu bas, de de mera saath,
Tu bas de de mera saath


Tujh ko jo, paaya toh hai yeh lagta kyoun
Baho me bas teri mehfooz hoon
Tujkh ko jo, paaya to hai ye lagta kyoun
Baho me bas teri mehfooz hoon


[This stanza is on my behalf... When I'm with You, I feel that this is the safest place to be any where]


Tum bano, saaya mera, zindagi mein aao
Zindagi bitaao bas yahi


[God: You (i.e me) be my shadow and I (God) will bless with all the happiness of life]


Tu dede mera saath thaam le haath
Chahe jo bhi ho baat
Tu bas de de mera saath
Tu bas de de mera saath


Baby, come stand by my side
Come and be my guiding light
Oooo… I’ll be what you want me to be
I’ll give all my love in whole of my life
Baby…. Come and be my guiding light


Since that night, when ever I think of this song, or sing this song, I dedicate it to God and pray to him to be with me. smile

2 views:

archie said...

Raaz..Emraan hasmi's? I ve nt heard this song..Will google right away! And sorry I wasn't online past few days. Hence couldn comment over your last post! Will take up the tag soon dearie:)

Trioenix said...

archie
yup dear, Emraan Hashmi's... it's a lovely song... do hear it and incase u don get it, let me know I'll mail u :)