Tuesday 13 January 2009

Small Things in life

Just as I got up this morning, I found that the Sun is smiling on me with His golden rays, making my day bright. It was a few minutes past the dawn, but I very happy to see Mr. Sun after a long time. Past three four days, it had been cloudy and foggy out here and I had missed Mr. Sun badly. A little time later, I switched on the FM while having the breakfast. At the very moment the RJ ended with the conversation with a caller and announced for a song. I hung on the same station rather than going for a change. The very next moment, I heard a very familier music and then heard Mohit Chauhan singing with his soothing voice, Na hai ye paana, na khona hi hai... and my heart jumped out with joy! I think it's more than two years this song is on air, but since then this has been my favourite number. I gave my breakfast a break and started singing along, tapping my feet, nodding my head "Tera na hona jane, kyoun hona hi hai... Tum se hi din hota hai, surmayi shaam aati hai, Tum se hi, Tum se hi... Har ghadi saans aati hai, zindagi kehelati hai, Tum se hi, tum se hi..." When ever I hear this song on radio, on my ipod on my PC or any other place, I just stick at the same place rather than give a hit to next! No matter how many times a day, I hear this song, I just can't stop listening it! Once I remember, I heard this song three times in one go on three different radio stations. The moment this song ended on one station, I switched to the next station and they were playing the same song and a few minutes later same song on the very next FM station. I remember the time when the song just released, I played the same song for whole day and heard it over more than a hundred times!

By this time the song on the FM station ended and I was done with my breakfast. I was humming the song on my way to work, when a thought crept into my mind. "Why am I so happy today?" my mind read. "I didn't get any big news today nor it was some memorable day of my life in the past, nor any of my much awaited result was out! Then what made me so happy?" Just then I thought of the two small things that made my day, the golden Sun rays after a long time and the beautiful song on FM. Small but powerful and effective things!

Small things in life, how much do they affect you? Have you ever wondered that we, for a long time, wait for BIG things to happen and make us happy and look upon the small things, the total of which can bring more happiness to us compared to the BIG things. If not, ponder over it some time, sitting alone, peacefully, mind full of thoughts and memories. When you look back you will find that there are handful of BIG days that you remember laughing out your heart or crying out of joy, but the bag of memories, will be full of smaller things that just made you smile. BIG days, like the time you stood first in your school/university, cleared some BIG competitive exam, met the one of your life, the day you got married or had your first child. But believe me, small is beautiful! These things may seem small to you, but make me happier than any other thing(s)...

Sound of tiny droplets of rain
Fragrance of soil after the first rain
Feeling the tiny rain droplets while driving
Golden Sun rays after a week of rainy or foggy days
A refreshing cup of hot chocolate, after a long tiring day
A lazy weekend after a week's hard work
A dinner full of love and affection with family after the lunch with the clients
An unexpected sms or phone call from a friend, after a long time
A conversation over the phone with a friend whom I've not met for a long time
Even a stupid and old joke makes me laugh, if a friend narrates it to me
A long chat with a friend even if I met him/her a day before
A good bye sms, just after hanging the phone call
Accidentally meeting a friend in the market or traffic signal
Happy Birthday wish made at mid-night
A long awaited wish/dream coming true

Small things I prefer...

A tight, cosy, bear hug from a dear friend over inexpensive gifts and cards because a hug can express more!
An evening with parents over a party with strangers
I enjoy sharing the pop corn over a movie, in a theater
A small walk over a long drive
A cup full of talks at my place over the one full of bills at some restaurant
Three golden words over a bouquet full of red roses
A priceless smile over a very expensive gift
A simple sms saying Hi over a long forward message
A small surprise over a big planning
A small debate over a big fight
Home made good food, over the one cooked by the best chef
A difference of opinion over similar thinking in every matter
A smile over a loud laughter
A poem over a story
A small "miss you" over the whole day long hiccups
An instant reaction over an answer after a long pause of thoughts
A beautiful Sunset over a movie or dinner at some expensive place

Any thing that is unexpected makes me happy, no matter how small it is! I love any thing that makes me smile instantly, it doesn't matter how big or small it is, it should be full of affection.

For me, small things in life, bring happiness... :)

6 views:

Saibal Barman said...

I loved those last four lines...
A gem of happiness is precious--it is immeasurable in carats of worldly senses !
Regards,

Rohit Kshirsagar said...

yeah! well said!
small sure is beautiful.

Trioenix said...

@Saibal Barman

thanku sir

@Rohit
:)

Anonymous said...

small things seemed very wonderful and sure they makes many wonders in life...very nice prajwala ..good contribution for this blog.

Trioenix said...

@krishnavaani
thanks... keep visiting

Archana said...

A" priceless smile over a very expensive gift"

Absolutely beautiful!:)